Echo Chernik is announced as the newest judge in L. Ron Hubbards Writers and Illustrators of the Future. In it's 31st year, the events goal is to jumpstart the careers of twelve aspiring and talented illustrators and writers. They are judged by an established panel of professionals including: Frank Frazetta, Larry Elmore, Mobius and more. Visit: writersofthefuture.com
Click Here to read Broadwayworlds review of the event.
In 2012, Echo created this beautiful label for Erostasia wine's vintage year. It is finally hitting the shelves this September starting in California.
We announced at GenCon the Tarot deck that I'm illustrating for Catalyst Game Labs. We are half way through this two year endeavour. I also premiered the fine art princess series commissioned by a private collector. On the commercial front, I finished a beer label for Aldus Brewing. Erostasia wine will be coming out soon, graced with my artwork.
Echo's cover of Las Vegas Weekly premiered.
The Critical Glitch Podcast is released. Episode 044. Shadowrun Art with Echo Chernik.
Ferrero Rocher introduced Echo's illustrated chocolate bunnies.
Calliope Games debuted the Deluze Edition of Roll-For-It! featuring Echo Chernik's illustrations. All the graphic design was completed by Echo-X (Lazarus Chernik).
Publix Supermarkets just won an award for my illustrations branding their 1,100 stores' displays and will be featured in Print Magazine!
Publix Supermarkets just released their newest Premium Ice Cream: Caramel Turtle Cheesecake, featuring Echo's art! The art director specifically sought out Echo and only Echo to bring this tasteful "Cheescake" image of a mermaid to life.
Echo produced a one of a kind animated digital illustration for the Sheik of Dubai's Meydan Racecourse. We designed the Logo and poster for International Tabletop Day again this year.
Pernod Ricard launches Malavera Dark Elixir, an 18 year old aged rum featuring Echo Chernik's artwork on the label.
Dos Equis (with the help of HMS Design) launches a Masquerade campaign featuring Echo's gorgeous illustration of a masked woman on their boxes and cartons.
Echo's latest art book ECHO A LA MODE began shipping to retailors and collectors.
Echo launches new Kickstarter campaign to publish new art book - ECHO RECOIL featuring her most beloved cyberpunk and sci-fi art, including book covers and interiors, with publishers' permission.
Echo appears on WBAI 99.5 FM New York with Harry Allen's show Non-Fiction, April 12 at 1pm EST.
Echo showcases at the Hive Gallery in Seattle.
Echo drops a bomb on the Seattle art community, by showcasing her largest fine art work at the Art/Not Terminal Gallery for their special Valentine's Day
Echo launches new Kickstarter.com campaign to publish 3rd art book - ECHO A LA MODE. Raises 235% of original funding goal! Pre-orders available now.
Echo's first one woman show hosted at Krab Jab Gallery in Seattle (Georgetown district) from November through December.
Echo Chernik's prints to be sold across the whle Pacific Northwest at stores owned by Northwest Frame. Stores include every location of Museum Quality Framing. Echo made a special appearance at the gallery reception held at Museum Quality Framing in Issaquah, WA.
Echo particpated in the Krab Jab Gallery's Ouija and Dark Fantasy show.
Echo's sudden appearance at SteamCon in Seattle sends shockwaves through the Steampunk community!
Echo featured artist in Sunshine Artist's October 2012 issue.
Digital Artist Magazine (UK) AKA Fantasy Artist Magazine publishes an interview and retrospective on Echo.
Echo selected to spearhead brand and character concept design for Yarn Zombies, LLC.
ECHO NOUVEAU Wins IPPY Award!
2012 Independent Publisher Book Awards results are in and our book ECHO NOUVEAU has been won the Bronze for Best Book Marketing.
Echo's Illustrations Selected for SPECTRUM 19!
Spectrum is an annual compilation of the BEST in sci-fi/fantasy illustration from around the world. Judges are legendary illustrators and highly skilled creative professionals. The advisory board includes no less distinguished members than Michael Whelan, Harlan Ellison, Brom, Rick Berry, Mark Chiarello and others.
Introducing Echo's first published sketchbook:
ECHO FEATURED IN IMAGINEFX MAGAZINE #78
Last month Echo was one of the artists featured in ImagineFX Magazine's January 2012 issue (#78). Among those also featured are friends John Tyler Christopher, Adam Hughes and Daniela Uhlig. You can clearly see Icarus in the image captioned "New Art".
You can still buy a back issue of it from their website: http://www.imaginefx.com
Echo Chernik will speak at the University Nebraska at Kearney Senior Show (Nov 30-Dec 2, 2011) on the life of an illustrator in today's market. She will touch on traditional versus digital illustration, portfolios, contracts, share stories and take questions from the audience.
Echo Chernik is invited to be a guest at ICON.
Echo Chernik hosted successful one-night only gallery event in Atlanta, GA to great reviews.
Introducing the first 15 years of Echo Chernik's illustrious career compiled in:
The Art and Life of a Working Girl: 1995-2010
Echo completed her 11th box for Celestial Seasonings' Green Tea line, which will be released later this year.
Echo recently completed a masterpiece for the New York chocolatier:
Oh Pour l'Amour du Chocolat featuring Tara Cadmus:
Shadowrun WAR! is released with Catalyst's second cover by Echo Chernik!
Echo Chernik was interviewed at New York Comic-Con 2010!
Miller Lite Hispanic Heritage Campaign features posters and collateral by Echo Chernik
Shadowrun Almanac is released with Catalyst's first cover by Echo Chernik!
Summer tour starts!
GUEST OF HONOR
Cape Coral Festival of the Arts
Cape Coral, FL
Now exhibiting at
2950 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103
Now exhibiting at
Olde Florida Gallerie.
Bell Tower Shops
13499 Cleveland Ave SE, #121
Fort Myers, FL 33907
Echo to be Guest of Honor at Central Canada Comic Con!
Won "Judge's Choice" Award at GenCon 2009
Won 3 awards at Origins including "Best Contemporary Work" for Pie Cthulu.
- Palm Beach Post Article, West Palm Beach Florida
Celestial Seasonings relaunches entire green tea line with 9 of Echo's illustration inspired by cloisonette China pattern techniques.
February 2009 Magazine cover for New Jersey based luxury magazine.
USPS Sinatra POP display wins MarCom Award
Sinatra Promotion Display took GOLD in the Direct Marketing/Ads/Other division for the 2008 MarCom Awards. The Sinatra illustration for the POP, background art, some typography and layout were illustrated by Echo Chernik for Draft FCB in Chicago, under art director Lisa Pangborn.
Bellagio EVE wins.
Bellagio Resort's EVE invitation takes Second Place in Altpick's Popular vote.
Create Magazine Award
- Echo Chernik wins "The Most Likely to Make You Blush" Award in Create Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards. Read article.
Photoshop Creative Magazine Featured
Read this great article on modern poster artists in the UK based Photoshop magazine!
Create Magazine Nov/Dec issue features Tosca as Number One in the Image Battle Competition; which rates images by online popularity in the create network.
The Create Awards!! November/December
- ROCKET DOG SHOES - GOLD
- TOSCA - GOLD
- SPIRIT OF NAVIGATION - SILVER
read more about this!
Article: Highly Coveted Posters Promote
Fans steal hundreds of Echo's posters off the streets of Hartford! Read the Articles!
Click here for Channel EyeWitness News 3 CBS: Highly Coveted Posters Promote Opera
Click Here for WINK TV News: Opera Poster Capers
Click Here for Hartford Courant: Keep Your Hands Off My Tosca!
Click Here for The Florida Weekly: Local artist's work a hit among thieves
Create Magazine awards Echo Chernik: 2 GOLD, 1 SILVER.
Portfolios.com awards 1 GOLD and 1 SILVER! Read More!
8/30/07 - Happy Birthday to you! Downloadable desktop pattern for Echo's birthday! Click.
from the Digital only Pixel exhibition
are now posted! Check them out!
TalentSpeaks presents a new article this month: The Luminary Illustrations of Echo Chernik
- echo chernik will be at the munro campagna calendar party on december 6th, from 5:30-9pm - held at the museum of contemporary art in chicago, il.
- the winning hype girl is featured on create magazine's winter issue cover!
- mediabuys has redesigned their website around the mardigras logo!
The Hype Girls have been awarded the following awards!
- Create Magazine GOLD award, Best in Category
- Create Magazine Winter 2006 Cover!
- Portfolios.com GOLD award
- HP's BEST IN SHOW!
- Aphrodisia GOLD award in Pin-Up
- diva rider wear journal has received a wonderful review!
- hype gear girl has won gold in the illustration division of portfolios.com! it also took home HP's best in show!!!
november 2005 announcements:
- seen right: echo chernik and arlo guthrie in front of the Alice's Restaurant Poster, Carnegie Hall, NYC - Thanksgiving 2005
october 2005 announcements:
- coming November 2005 - the arlo guthrie poster (carnegie version - seen to the left) will have a home at carnegie hall to announce the November 26th concert!
- watch for a new art nouveau calendar for Bougainvillea Growers International!
april 2005 announcements:
- interview on altpick.com. click here to read the article online!
- look for echo chernik in Showcase 28!
december 2004 announcements:
- acme rocket bike featured in an 8 page spanish magazine article. click here to see an excerpt from the article.
september 2004 announcements:
- gran centenario angel is the epicenter of gran centenario's
new advertising campaign! read about it in the following
- gran centenario hosts olympus fashion week in new york city
- gran centenario campaign featured on adland
august 2004 announcements:
- the create magazine interview has hit the shelves! click here to read the article online!
july 2004 announcements:
- gran centenario illustration hits 'los angeles magazine', 'angelino', 'wine spectator' and 'la confidential'. it will run through the december issues.
june 2004 announcements:
- echo chernik is the featured artist in the summer issue of create magazine! article will be posted here once published.
may 2004 announcements:
- acme rocket girl featured in italian bike magazine 'desmo'. click here to read the article..
february 2004 announcements:
- ivy florae and drowned were chosen out of over 4000 entries to be featured in spectrum 11: the best in contemporary fantastic art.
- Winning contest entry receives publicity in The Boca Raton Reporter. Click here to read the article.
- all previous announcements are archived at this time.
If you're seeking copies of a specific article, contact echo chernik.